Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oops, I did it again!

I didn't mean to do it.  REALLY!  She asked me this time.  She has decided to move closer to the boyfriend and get an apartment 1/2 hour away from where he is - to keep some distance while being close enough to be there for each other on bad days.  The new apartment needed a deposit and a months rent up-front.  This is a common thing for any rental so I should not have been surprised.  She said she would pay me back ASAP after getting settled and starting back to work... I've heard this before and I will be very shocked if she actually repays the money.  Well, softy Mom here has cut myself way to short on funds until next payday to help her out - yet again.  When will I learn?  I hope she is really going to make good on her promise and that I can actually trust her again.  If not, it's my own fault and I have no one to blame but myself... 

Why do we give so much to our kids?  We need to really explore this thing - some self reflection is probably in order.

1 comment:

  1. This is so common! Helping out family feels good, but are we really helping them?

    ReplyDelete